We have recently agreed terms with Hyundai to supply their fabulous Hyundai Ioniq. This is the first of many Hybrid or All Electric cars that we will offer to the taxi industry.
If you’re one of those who really wish that they could do something to make the world a greener place and make huge savings at the same time, then owning a hybrid or all-electric taxi will tick a lot of boxes.
About 10 years ago, the world was introduced to the possibilities of driving cars that do not run on fuel, either entirely or in part.
Japan’s taxi industry started using them in significant numbers in 2010 and now, in 2017, every new taxi in the larger Japanese cities is required to be all electric.
By April 2016, over 4 million hybrid electric vehicle units were sold in the United States, making it the second largest fleet in the world, after Japan’s over 5 million units.
This is a clear statement of intent to clean up the air pollution and identify savings at a time when nobody wants to keep paying for fuel when it is expensive, so getting a vehicle that is cost efficient and environmentally friendly, is a definite plus.
A hybrid car gives you the best of two technologies as it combines the standard engine powered by petrol/diesel, and an electric motor, which derives its power from a rechargeable battery pack thus when low on fuel, you’re still assured of extra miles as the car will run on battery.
An all-electric car is different as it fully utilizes electricity from a charged battery.
Different brands have created both hybrid cars like the Hyundai Ioniq, and all-electric cars like Tesla models, which are popular among top world celebrities.
In order to give taxi firms and drivers the edge in helping care for the planet – but look cool while driving, here are 9 sure facts that will excite you into getting yourself a hybrid or all-electric taxi.
- All-electric cars are much cheaper to run than diesel or petrol powered vehicles
- Hybrid cars reduce driver stress when fuel runs low and you are miles away from the nearest fuel filling station. Just switch over.
- Electric cars have only one moving part which makes them incredibly low maintenance than diesel or petrol powered engine cars
- The UK government gives a grant of up to 35% on the cost of the car, with a maximum of about 2,500 to 4,500 pounds depending on the model of the car and certain stipulated conditions
- Due to faster technology today, all-electric cars are now quicker and quiet compared to their diesel or petrol powered counterparts
- UK residents (your passengers) are becoming used to seeing both hybrid and all-electric cars.
- The environment is improved, because these vehicles have zero carbon emissions, so you can sleep better knowing you contributed to a cleaner planet
- Maintenance is low as you don’t have to keep checking on the engine, especially with the all-electric car.
- It provides a new talking point with passengers!
If you want your own piece of green heaven in style, innovation, design and performance, hybrid and all-electric taxis are the future.
For further details please contact our Sales Team on 0300 303 2095.
All information is correct at time of publication. Information provided within this article may have changed over time. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by John Patons Insurance Services or any of its employees.