Take part in our poll to voice your opinion!
POLL has now CLOSED
In order to give taxi firms and drivers the edge in helping care for the planet – but look cool while driving, here are 9 sure facts that will excite you into getting yourself a hybrid or all-electric taxi.
- All-electric cars are much cheaper to run than diesel or petrol powered vehicles
- Hybrid cars reduce driver stress when fuel runs low and you are miles away from the nearest fuel filling station. Just switch over.
- Electric cars have only one moving part which makes them incredibly low maintenance than diesel or petrol powered engine cars
- The UK government gives a grant of up to 35% on the cost of the car, with a maximum of about 2,500 to 4,500 pounds depending on the model of the car and certain stipulated conditions
- Due to faster technology today, all-electric cars are now quicker and quiet compared to their diesel or petrol powered counterparts
- UK residents (your passengers) are becoming used to seeing both hybrid and all-electric cars.
- The environment is improved, because these vehicles have zero carbon emissions, so you can sleep better knowing you contributed to a cleaner planet
- Maintenance is low as you don’t have to keep checking on the engine, especially with the all-electric car.
- It provides a new talking point with passengers!
Patons Insurance are an independent, family-owned Insurance broker specialising in Taxi Insurance.
We have over 60 years’ experience of finding the right insurance for all areas of the Taxi Trade such as Public Hire, Private Hire & Taxi Fleets so, we’re confident in finding you the right insurance policy.
Our teams are focussed on providing a professional and straight forward Insurance experience. Based across 7 offices in key regions across the UK, our teams’ local knowledge is unrivalled by any other nationwide taxi insurance provider so you can be confident of dealing with experts.
Get a quote from us online, via the phone or by dropping in to your local Patons office all of which will see you dealing with a Taxi Insurance specialist.
All information is correct at time of publication. Information provided within this article may have changed over time. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by John Patons Insurance Services or any of its employees.