Minibus Insurance

Compare cheap Minibus Insurance Quotes and see what you can save

Minibus Insurance is a specialist type of insurance designed to cover the unique risks that come with operating a minibus.

Minibus Insurance is tailored for vehicles with 8-16 passenger seats, or vehicles of the same size that have been adapted for wheelchair access. At Patons Insurance, we understand that minibuses are used in a variety of circumstances.

We can provide cover for many different types of organisations, including:

  • Private Hire (Hire and Reward)
  • Charities
  • Schools (including Universities and Colleges)
  • Sports clubs
  • Religious Organisations
  • Social Clubs
  • Care Homes
  • Employee Transport
  • Scouts/Guides

We provide competitive rates for a range of cover for minibuses, whether it’s for a single vehicle or if it’s for a company operating a large number of minibuses (Minibus Fleet). We can arrange cover for you on policies with drivers between 21 and 79.

Minibus Insurance comparison at Patons

Our team of experts can find the right policy for you. Specialising in Minibus Insurance, we work with a range of established insurers to compare policies and find the most suitable cover for our customers.

If you want to have peace of mind on the roads, then look no further! At Patons Insurance, we understand how important it is to have the right cover in place, which is why we can provide insurance designed specifically to protect minibus drivers and their vehicles.

Since opening our doors in 1957, we’ve established ourselves as a trustworthy driver insurance broker. Over the years we’ve built a team of experts with specialist industry knowledge and a strong panel of insurers to find the right policy for every customer.  We’re committed to providing an excellent service and our customers agree, rating us 4.8 out of 5 and awarding us with Feefo’s Platinum Service Award for 2 years in a row.

Levels of Minibus Insurance Cover that we compare

We can provide three different levels of cover for our minibus drivers.


Comprehensive insurance is recommended to all minibus drivers as will provide cover for them in all potential accident scenarios, including damage to their own vehicle.

Third-Party, Fire and Theft

Third-Party, Fire and Theft will cover a minibus driver if any damage is made to another vehicle or if another driver claims against them, plus it covers the cost of the vehicle should it be stolen or damaged by fire (minus any excess), however, this level of cover offers no accidental damage cover for the driver’s vehicle.

Third-Party Only

Third-Party Only is the lowest level of cover a minibus driver can get, and will cover the driver for damage to any other vehicle or third party,  in the event of a fault accident.

Why use Patons Insurance for your Minibus Inusurance?

There are many ways you can benefit from taking a policy out with Patons Insurance, these include:

  • Suitable schemes for all types of Minibus Drivers
  • Wide range of insurers to choose from
  • Competitive rates
  • Quotes for many of the most popular  vehicles
  • Rates for single, fleets and multi-vehicle policies
  • Flexible monthly payments
  • Expert advice and support
  • Face-to-face or over the phone communication
  • Secure access to insurance documents online

MonthlyFlexible payments

GetExpert advice

Common Minibus Insurance Questions

What kind of organisations can you provide Minibus Insurance for?

Minibus Insurance can provide cover for a wide range of organisations. We can cover:
• Private Hire (Hire and Reward)
• Charities
• Schools/Universities/Colleges
• Sports Clubs
• Religious Organisations
• Social Clubs
• Care Homes/Nursing Homes
• Employee Transport
• Scouts/Guides

If you’re unsure and would like to enquire about your circumstances specifically, get in touch with us today. We have a team of experts who can assist you with any queries.

What kind of licence do I need to operate a minibus?

Drivers intending to operate a minibus must hold a full category D1 driving licence. In addition, drivers operating minibuses for hire and reward must also hold a public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence from a local authority.

Not-for-profit organisations such as schools and charities may be able to operate minibuses without a PSV operator’s licence if they hold a Section 19 permit.

If you’re still unsure about the type of licensing you need, get in touch with our team of experts who can assist you with any questions you have.

Can you cover multiple vehicles?

Yes, we can cover multiple vehicles. The insurers we work with can offer cover for one vehicle, along with offering multi-vehicle policies and insurance for Minibus Fleets.

Will my Minibus Insurance policy include Public Liability Insurance?

Public Liability covers drivers if their actions injure a member of the public, a passenger or damages their property as a result of an accident not directly involving the insured vehicle.

Whether or not Public Liability is included in your policy depends on the insurer. It can be a paid optional extra, or you may need a separate standalone policy if it’s a contract requirement.
Should you have any further questions about Public Liability Insurance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today. Our team of experts can help you with any queries you have.

Do you give No Claims Discounts for Minibus Insurance?

We can take into account No Claims Discounts from previous Minibus Insurance policies to get you discounts from the specialist insurers that we work with.

If you take out Minibus Insurance through us, and if you are claim-free through the policy, you will earn no claims discount at the renewal of your insurance.

Give us a call:
0333 015 6886

Monday–Friday 09:00–17:00

Recommend a friend icon

Like our service?

Earn up to £50 for every friend you recommend.

Recommend a friend →