Taxi Insurance in London

With its iconic landmarks, diverse neighbourhoods and vibrant culture, London’s streets are never quiet. This city presents unique challenges for cab drivers who have to navigate the congested roads and deal with the ever-growing ULEZ charges. Another pressing concern for cabbies in the capital, particularly those new to the industry, is passing the ‘Knowledge’, an in-depth test on the city of London which can take years to master.

Comprehensive Taxi Insurance in London

For more than 50 years, we have stood as a reliable broker for taxi drivers seeking insurance solutions. With a history of trust and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, Patons Insurance is a go-to provider for both Public and Private Hire Insurance needs throughout London.

Local London Expertise

We are located in Unit 6, The High Cross Centre, Fountayne Road, N15 4QL. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm every weekday, except English bank holidays.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch via 0208 885 8666, our team will be happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.

Offering Affordable Taxi Insurance Quotes

Navigating the world of insurance can be daunting, especially for taxi drivers who require specialised coverage. We understand this, and our team are always ready to extend their knowledge and expertise to help drivers. Whether you’re a black cab driver, operating a fleet of vehicles, or a single vehicle owner, we offer Taxi Insurance policies across London from a range of reputable insurers.

Affordability and convenience are important when it comes to seeking Taxi Insurance and we excel in both areas. We recognise that the life of a taxi driver in London can be demanding and require financial flexibility, so we offer monthly instalments to address this issue. We ensure that you can focus on driving safely without the added stress of lump-sum payments.

Whether you’re a seasoned cabbie or just starting out, Patons Insurance is your partner in ensuring a secure policy in London.

What is Taxi Insurance?

Taxi Insurance is a specialist insurance product that covers you and your vehicle when operating for hire and reward.

When you take out Taxi Insurance, whether it’s for a private hire or public hire vehicle, you need to ensure that you reach the minimum requirements for cover.

You can take out a policy for an individual or for a fleet of vehicles. Depending on your business, you may have a requirement for additional Breakdown Cover.

How does Taxi Insurance in London differ from a Car Insurance policy?

Public Hire Insurance and Private Hire Insurance are more expensive than insuring the same vehicle for domestic use only. This is because they spend more time on the road in areas of higher risk and they are being used for business.

In the event of an accident, an insurer will have to consider the taxi, the driver, any passengers and property, as well as any third-party vehicles involved.

Domestic insurance policies do not cover a vehicle being used as a taxi.

What levels of cover are available in London?

As with domestic vehicles, taxi insurers typically provide three levels of cover – third-party, third-party, fire and theft and fully comprehensive. The legal minimum requirement is third-party cover, which all drivers have to take out in order to operate a taxi.

Can I insure my taxi online in London?

After completing our online quote form, one of our experts will give you a call to discuss your Taxi Insurance requirements. You can also call the office for an instant quote.

What is the average cost of Taxi Insurance in London?

It’s difficult to determine individual insurance premiums due to the number of factors taken into account, including the age and experience of the driver, the age of the taxi, whether it is a private hire or public hire vehicle and the licensing authority.

What are the different types of Taxi Insurance in London?

Different types of Taxi Insurance including Private Hire Insurance, Public Hire Insurance, Minibus Insurance, Taxi Fleet Insurance and Chauffeur Insurance.

As well as having the appropriate insurance in place, your vehicle must be licensed by the local licensing authority.