In a follow up to our previous poll we’re asking what would help you make the switch to an electric vehicle? Take part to voice your opinion!
In order to give taxi firms and drivers the edge in helping care for the planet – but look cool while driving, here are 9 sure facts that will excite you into getting yourself a hybrid or all-electric taxi.
- All-electric cars are much cheaper to run than diesel or petrol powered vehicles
- Hybrid cars reduce driver stress when fuel runs low and you are miles away from the nearest fuel filling station. Just switch over.
- Electric cars have only one moving part which makes them incredibly low maintenance than diesel or petrol powered engine cars
- The UK government gives a grant of up to 35% on the cost of the car, with a maximum of about 2,500 to 4,500 pounds depending on the model of the car and certain stipulated conditions
- Due to faster technology today, all-electric cars are now quicker and quiet compared to their diesel or petrol powered counterparts
- UK residents (your passengers) are becoming used to seeing both hybrid and all-electric cars.
- The environment is improved, because these vehicles have zero carbon emissions, so you can sleep better knowing you contributed to a cleaner planet
- Maintenance is low as you don’t have to keep checking on the engine, especially with the all-electric car.
- It provides a new talking point with passengers!
All information is correct at time of publication. Information provided within this article may have changed over time. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by John Patons Insurance Services or any of its employees.